Free Yoga & Mindfulness Classes for Children & Teens
Take the first step to sharing yoga and mindfulness with your children and teens.
Yoga & Mindfulness Made Easy.
Yoga Ed. offers free access to all K-12 teachers, school administrators and supporting staff, and parents worldwide.
Our classes can be used to provide inclusive distance learning options for physical education and brain breaks throughout the virtual school day. All classes are streamable on any device and developmentally appropriate for children and teens.
Through our engaging classes, students will practice breathing exercises, yoga poses, games, visualizations, and relaxation activities. Just press play on online mindfulness and movement classes for all ages, anytime, anywhere.
Our streaming classes are great for:
- Teachers sharing brain breaks with their students
- School counselors and social workers introducing stress reduction and self-regulation techniques to children
- Health and PE teachers who would like yoga classes to supplement their curriculum
- Parents seeking an easy way to introduce yoga and mindfulness to their kids
- Anyone who would like to share the benefits of yoga to kids and teens!
Benefits of online yoga and mindfulness classes include...
- The yoga and mindfulness classes allow students to practice yoga on their own time in their chosen safe space. This allows students to feel safe to practice while focusing on their own health and wellness.
- Students can choose from mat or chair options. This means that students who do not have space, clothing, or equipment for practicing yoga at home can gain the physical and mental health benefits of yoga and mindfulness using just a chair.
- All classes are educationally based, giving students practical applications of yoga and mindfulness to their own lives. For example, a yoga class for stress reduction provides students with tangible breathing exercises and yoga poses to reduce stress while practicing yoga on the mat or in the chair, as well as activities that they can take off the mat or chair and use in their daily lives.
- Yoga Ed. classes adhere to guiding principles which set best practices for yoga programs, while not intending to supersede the policies and values of any individual, yoga studio, school, or other organization. You can learn more about our guiding principles here.
- The class library includes yoga classes for adults, so you can nurture yourself while taking care of the young ones in your life.
Brynne Caleda, M.Ed., E-RYT is a leader in the field of yoga education. As CEO of Yoga Ed., Brynne champions the efficacy of innovative, evidence-based yoga programs for schools to establish lifelong foundations for student’s fitness, wellness, and productivity. Over the past decade, Brynne has worked closely with educators, health professionals, and parents to enrich school communities with yoga tools to more authentically and effectively teach to their students and children. A pioneer of yoga education in Hawaii, Brynne is also the founder of Stretch Your Imagination, a non-profit that creates sustainable yoga programs for Hawaii’s schools. When not at home in paradise with her two year old son, you can find Brynne leading trainings and empowering educators to integrate yoga into schools across Europe, Asia, and the United States.
Mary practices, teaches and lives yoga and specializes in Kids Yoga. Being an Elementary PE and Art Teacher as well as a mother, she was inspired to share the many benefits of yoga with kids. With Yoga Ed, Mary has had the privilege of implementing school programs in both a public and private schools Preschool-12th grade, on Oahu. As a PE teacher, she is able to implement Yoga Ed's curriculum as a unit to grades K-6. But it has been most rewarding to co-facilitate Yoga Ed's Summer Immersion the past few years, as well as co-facilitating many Professional Developments for teachers around the island, inspiring others share this lifelong gift of yoga with their children and students. In her immense gratitude for what yoga has given to her own life, she hopes to assist in bringing this positive awareness, not only to the world, but most specifically to our future, held by our children.
Harmony Tesoro, E-RYT and YACEP certified, continues to root her work in yoga and mindfulness, through personal practice and professional dedication to growth and development. Harmony is an Educator and Trainer for Yoga Ed., having completed her own continued education in Children's, Teen, Chair, and Trauma Informed Yoga. She was responsible for the Health and Wellness initiative at a local PK-8 school, wherein all teacher, students, and families received yoga and mindfulness opportunities. Harmony has worked with many private and public schools (PK-12) on the island of Oahu, bringing the benefits of yoga and mindfulness to students, admin, and the surrounding communities. She is beyond grateful to share her unique knowledge, via online trainings through the Yoga Ed. Academy, with people across the globe. A licensed elementary teacher, with an MA in Teaching, MFA in Dance, and BA in Theatre Arts, Harmony has priceless, hands on experience working with all people, all ages. She ultimately utilizes this expertise as she leads professional development both online and offline, at conferences, studios, and of course, the classroom.
StartWhat is Yoga? (15:05)
StartWhy Do We Do Yoga? (14:16)
StartA Yoga Practice to Feel Safe (Trauma-Sensitive Class) (17:54)
StartCalm Body, Calm Mind (Trauma-Sensitive Class) (15:34)
StartWhat is Yoga? (16:02)
StartWhy Do We Do Yoga? (15:53)
StartA Yoga Practice to Feel Safe (Trauma-Sensitive Class) (17:51)
StartReducing Stress in My Body (Trauma-Sensitive Class) (17:08)
Get started now!
Frequently Asked Questions
To receive access for your students or children under the age of 13:
Each account is meant for individual and/or family use. Please ensure that you are not sharing your account credentials with a student group. Instead, if you would like your students to access the classes, please direct your student’s parent or guardian to create a family account at sign up. Not only does this ensure the best course experience, it also protects each user’s privacy and security under the regulations of COPPA.
To receive access for yourself, adults, or students over 13:
One account for one individual. Not only does this ensure the best course experience, it also protects each user’s privacy and security.